Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Zander is becoming a toddler

Oh boy where do I even begin? I just realized I have not posted in over a month.

At the end of April we went to Portland to visit Kurt (my bro), Gret, and Rory , Kalli (my sis), Mark, Nathan, Tyler, AJ and Reese. It was a fantastic week. Have you been on the edge of your seat wondering how Zander did on his first plane ride? He did amazing. He loved all the new things to look at as well as the new toy I bought just for the plane ride. He loved looking over the seat at all the passengers. He flirted with a woman sitting behind us so much that she asked if she could hold him. Since we were up in the air we knew it was ok. So she held and played with him for about a half hour. Zander got to meet Kurt, Gret and Rory. Kurt had a lovely Mohawk and now we are debating giving Zander one, to be just like his uncle. While in Portland we were able to have an adult night out – we all went out (Kurt,Gret, Kalli, Mark and us) we went on a brewery tour while Nathan babysat Zman, even changing an explosive diaper and putting him to bed. We went to Voodo Donuts in Portland about four times. It’s a very interesting donut shop with odd donuts such as: cock-n-balls donut, Memphis Mafia, Tex-Ass, and Tony’s favorite Bacon Maple bar (maple donut with bacon on top). I was able to do a little shopping, I also went to one of Nathan’s tennis match and we went to AJ/Reese’s football game. Oh, and let’s not forget it was about 50 degrees and rainy the entire week. They were trying to get us to move out there but with that much rain I would be depressed, and that is NOT good. So it’s best if I visit but next time we will plan our week better and avoid rain. Oh wait, it rains 363 days out of the year….(just kidding Portland family!)

Since the Portland trip, Zander is crawling! And loving life. Last night he was wanting to climb on the fireplace and I kept telling him no, he would look back at me and giggle. He would get a little closer I would say no, he would laugh again. I wanted to start laughing but knew I couldn’t so I kept telling him no. I was thinking, oh he is already a little sh*t. Tonight he hasn’t attempted to get close to the fireplace, maybe he is listening to me. Haha. Who am I kidding?

So milestones and updates on Zander:
-He hates the swimming pool. I bought an inflatable pool and put him in there on Saturday –he screamed, then we tried again on Sunday he cried, didn’t scream. I don’t want him to hate water like me, so we will keep introducing him to the pool and water.
-He walks with his walker all over the house and smiles, he loves crawling to a place to pull himself up, then he does a little dance.
-He turns one in 18 days. Wow, where did the year go, right?
-He is moving up to the next classroom at daycare – he will be a Monkey on July 6th. Our boy is growing up. He is actually the youngest in his class but one of the first to move up. Oh, yes we can say he is a genius or Ms. Rachel and Ms. Stacey want to get rid of him. Yes, I agree – he is a genius!
-He gives kisses when you ask for one. Oh, and it is the open mouth slobber type.
-He LOVES books, he will look at books and bring us books to read to him. I am not sure where he got that from – we all know Tony nor I are bookworms…

Ok, a few more updates from the Vosberg family. We bought a camper, yes that is correct – Kacey and Tony bought a camper. Ms. High maintenance and Mr. I hate camping. We pick up the camper on Thursday (tomorrow) then we are off camping this weekend with Amy (Tony’s sis), Erik and Grace (she turns 2 on Tuesday). Then we have a summer of camping fun.
We went to the Cubs game in Chicago for Tony’s birthday and if you remember we were in row 1, well it ended up being row 3, so we didn’t get hit by a ball.

I have my first day back at school tomorrow. I am taking two classes - Monday, Marketing Principles and Thursday, Environment and Consumption. After this semester, one semester left, then it's time to celebrate!

Here are a few pictures of the cutie pie:


First Mother's Day. The boys made it a special day for me!



This is Zander at daycare last week. Here is the post from the teachers: Zander watched his friends run around the pack n plays. He would babble and wave his hands in excitement when they ran by him.

Videos will be coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Mister Z...you are so cute, I want to kiss those cheekers! You are getting so big and looking like a little boy now insead of a baby! Where did that time go? You are almost a year old and I can't believe it! We can't wait to see you in July!

    ReplyDelete